We are in the process up updating this course and are temporarily pausing new enrollments. For any questions please contact ContinuingEd@ColumbiaSouthern.edu
Columbia Southern University has partnered with the Alabama Fire College (AFC) to offer the NFPA: 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, Fire Officer II training and certification exam completely online. CE 1004, Fire Officer II, is offered as a continuing education course and may lead to IFSAC and ProBoard certification through Alabama Fire College. Upon successful completion of CE 1004, students are eligible to sit for the certification exam provided by Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission.
Students will be producing written projects and essays investigating the basic responsibilities and duties of an advanced level Company Officer. With the application of real-world scenarios, students will learn and examine the role of the advanced Fire Officer in delivering emergency services, examining & analyzing fire prevention & investigations; enacting policy & procedure, budget & finance development; and applying concepts such as professional development and personnel management.
All course materials are included in the course at no additional fee.
International Fire Service Training Association. (2014). Fire and Emergency Services Company Officer (5th ed.). Stillwater, OK: Fire Protection Publications.
Additional Course Information
Step by Step to Certification:
- Ensure that all prerequisites for the course have been met.
- Register for the CE 1004, Fire Officer II continuing education course.
- Complete all of the skills (projects in CE 1004, Fire Officer II) with an overall score of 70% or higher on each assignment.
- Register for the Fire Officer II certification exam.
- Certification Exam Cost: $95.00 (NOT included in the cost of CE 1004)
- Download the Fire Officer II Application for Certification, complete it, and submit, along with all other documentation to CSU at email@example.com for processing
- CSU will forward to AFC for evaluation. AFC will communicate approval and next instructions
- Designate an AFC approved proctor.
- Attempt the Fire Officer II certification exam. The certification exam will be administered by Alabama Fire College after successful completion of the course.
- Upon successfully passing the Fire Officer II certification exam, Alabama Fire College will issue the official certificate to the student.
Prerequisites to Take Certification Exam
IFSAC or ProBoard Certified Fire Officer I and Certified Fire Instructor I and successful completion of all projects in CE 1004, Fire Officer II, with an earned grade of 70% or better.